Chewy

I grew up in the 80's. I was the youngest of four kids, which meant that all of my clothes were hand-me-downs. In the 80's, styles and fads would come and go so fast that by the time the clothes got to me, they would be way out of style. So, I would be the only kid in the arcade wearing pink satin shorts, leg warmers, and a 'Gag Me With a Spoon' t-shirt - and I got those from my brother.

Every summer my mom would bring a box full of clothes up from the basement and I was supposed to pick through them to find the ones I wanted. One year there was a pair of hand-me-down underwear. Normally I wouldn't have considered it, but I was really into Star Wars at the time and it was the first time I had ever seen Chewbacca Underoos.



I tried them on and they fit; so, I ran around the house with no pants on, showing everyone my faded, pre-owned Chewbacca 'roos.

"Hey, Dad. Check it out...Chewbacca [rrrrrrr]."

He said, "Uh, hate to break it to you, boy. But, that ain't Chewbacca. That's a skid mark. You got 'em on backwards."

Be sure to visit the archives! or send me a message

Popular Posts