R.I.P. Comedian Jus Jay

Comedian Jus Jay



Everything I want to write I wish I would have said to you before you were gone.

We came up through the comedy scene together and I was honored to watch you grow leaps and bounds above everyone. I could sit in the back of the room and listen to your stories all day long. You had a special way of story telling through voices, words, and facial expressions that made us forget we were watching Jay and were actually in the football locker room with your crazy coach, seeing a kid dressed as orange juice on Halloween, or whatever.



I remember sitting in the green room before a show and telling you not to say, "f*ck" on stage. I didn't think you could do a whole set without it and you rose to the challenge. I sat in the back of the room with a piece of paper ready to tally them up, but you did it and gave me this look of 'take that, dickhead' when you got off the stage.

Watching you perform challenged me to write more and to be more honest with myself and my material. You were the same person off stage as you were on stage and that is the goal of the comedian. You found out that secret early and were kind enough to share it with the rest of us. I wish you were here so I could tell you, "thank you".

Thank you for letting me be a part of your life. I am proud to call you my friend and I will miss you.

Your friend,
Brad Meehan




Friends: Please share your memories of Jus Jay below in the comments section.

Popular Posts